Before you begin, first sign up for your Best DNS Service Here:
Please complete this step listed below first and make sure you get 3 green check marks in the account home.
Then you will need to find the IP address of your router. You can use the appropriate method below and note down the IP of your router.
Find Router IP on Windows
- Open up the program command prompt
- Type “ipconfig” without the quotes and press enter
- The IP address from default gateway is most likely the IP address of your router
Find Router IP on OS X
- OpenSystem Preferences
- Go to Network
- Click Advanced
- Go to TCP/IP– here you will see the routers IP
Change the DNS on the Amazon Fire TV
- Go to settings
- Select Systems
- Select WI-FI
- Select your WI-FI network and forget WI-FI network by Pressing the button with 3 lines on it.
- Press the select button.
- Select your WI-FI network.
- Enter your WI-FI password and Click on advanced
- Enter the first three groups of numbers exactly the same as the IP address of your router. As an example, if your router IP is 192.168.0.1, then use the IP address 192.168.0.7 or something to that nature. The important part is to change the last digit so you get an IP from the same IP range as the router.
- For the Default gateway enter the IP of your router
- Input 24 for the Network Prefix Length and Click Next
- Enter 126.96.36.199 for DNS 1
- Enter 188.8.131.52 for DNS 2
Other Things You Need
- Make sure you have a 1-click US address in your Amazon Account.
- Also on Amazon.com go to Your Account > Manage Your Content and Devices > Country Settings and set country to United States